PUBLIC RELATIONS Account Coordinator
We are looking for an intrapreneur (internal entrepreneur). THIS IS IMPORTANT. This person wants to see a business grow without taking the risk of starting it on their own.
This position is for someone who:
- understands that their role as a support team member is critical to our growth
- has a strong attention to detail
- provides solutions to every problem (versus the other way around) and can use Google + research
- can get us from a to-do list to to-done
- prides themselves in following-up
- provides an exceptional customer experience
- wants to get the work done, without excuse (or clock watching)
- knows how to support an entrepreneur
Sound like you? Apply below!
A little about us.
MEPR Agency is a (10 year old) boutique public relations and brand strategy agency based in Nashville, TN. We primarily work with small entrepreneurial businesses, non-profits, and government agencies. We have worked with clients in a variety of industries who want to tell their story thoughtfully, need to work through a shift in their culture, want to engage with a diverse (or hard to reach) audience, and understand that communications must be a part of the business’s strategic plan for growth, and not an after thought.
A little about the position.
This is a contract/temp-to-hire position. The rate is negotiable based on experience.
About the day to day.
· Manage the office; answer and return calls, keep internal calendar, manage the project management system, draft and distribute task lists, bring three solutions for every problem, take notes, maintain office supplies, photocopying, filing, and all of the other wonderfulness that comes with a small office.
· Manage the work; support the agency owner and Account Manager; create tons of amazing content and collateral including presentations, draft and distribute proposals and reports, draft correspondences including press releases, and design marketing collateral; correspond with the media, influencers, vendors, partner, and clients; pitch to media, sponsors, or potential partners; provide status and analytic reports; draft and manage monthly (bi-weekly or weekly) social media editorial calendars, and post, schedule, and update social media sites such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Youtube and Twitter; assist with website maintenance, and more.
· 1-3 years experience in public relations, marketing, or communications role (outside of internships)
· Previous Agency experience is a bonus!
· Previous work with an Entrepreneur is a strong bonus!
· Excellent communications skills, writing and speaking
· Ability to manage multiple assignments (and personalities) and assign priority
· Ability to execute tasks with minimal supervision
· Committed to client happiness
· Intermediate to advanced knowledge of social media
· An eye for creativity
· Polished and professional
· Desires to grow with a small, growing company
· Bachelor’s degree preferred; work experience can be substituted
· Intermediate (or better) proficiency in Google, Mac and Microsoft products
· Bonus if proficient in graphic design, photography, or videography
Other important information.
Previous agency experience and experience working for an entrepreneur is strongly preferred. (so much that it's mentioned twice.)
About the work environment.
Our day is never dull; we have an exciting but demanding time. We value flexibility. Excellence is our standard. Strong communications is paramount.
Submit the below to email@example.com
· Cover letter—please share 2 things you would like to be responsible for within our company.
· Portfolio/Resume—digital would be great
· Social media links
· Writing or Work Samples
· 3 Professional References
· Requested salary
· Bonus points for creativity