MEDIA relations CONSULTANT
This is a contract position.
This is a contract position for a person who would like 15-20 hours a month, to start, as a media relations consultant. This person is responsible for developing pitches and media lists, researching journalists and story ideas, securing interviews, features, mentions, and calendar listings, and providing status reports along the way.
This contractor will:
- draft media sequences for multiple clients
- draft and maintain media lists
- research reporters, influencers and bloggers for story opportunities
- draft and distribute media releases, advisories and calendar listings
- actively pitch clients for features, mentions, interviews, and other opportunities
- assist in overall media strategy
- draft yearly editorial calendar
- provide media reports
· Proven ability to pitch media and build strong media pitches
· Advanced writing and editing skills for media
· Ability to provide media reports
· Ability to start and execute tasks with minimal supervision
· Ability to manage multiple assignments (and personalities) and assign priority
To submit a proposal.
Submit the below to firstname.lastname@example.org
· Brief outline of your understanding of the project
· Capabilities Statement, optional
· Portfolio/Resume—digital would be great
· Writing and pitch samples
A little about us.
MEPR Agency is a (10 year old) boutique public relations and brand strategy agency based in Nashville, TN. We primarily work with small entrepreneurial businesses, non-profits, and government agencies. We have worked with clients in a variety of industries who want to tell their story thoughtfully, need to work through a shift in their culture, want to engage with a diverse (or hard to reach) audience, and understand that communications must be a part of the business’s strategic plan for growth, and not an after thought.