The right person for this position wants to work in an entrepreneurial, disruptive agency environment. This is someone who has an infectious attitude with great energy and enthusiasm. This person understands how to take a big idea and can break it down into action steps, and then deliver it, completed, wrapped with a bow. This is for someone who understands team and client happiness are the keys to our bottom line. This is someone who wants to get the work done, without excuse (or clock watching). This is someone who understands that Google is a great tool and resource, well-thought questions are the key to managing expectations and success, and self-starting is the only way to work. This is someone who knows how to be a solutionist. Sound like you? Learn how to apply below!
A little about us.
MEPR Agency is a (11 year old) boutique public relations and community engagement agency based in Nashville, TN, with a specific emphasis on intercultural communications - connecting people and stories. We primarily work with entrepreneurial businesses, non-profits, and government agencies in a variety of industries. Our clients call us because they want to thoughtfully tell their story, need to work through a shift in their internal or external company culture, want to engage with a diverse (or hard to reach) audience, or want to manage their reputation through a current or potential business interruption.
Primary mix of work for this position.
- Serve as the manager of client happiness, and day to day contact for client account
- Provides management to the assistant/intern position, and mentorship and training to new team members
- Works with external team and vendors
- Works along side Agency Director to provide strategic direction to accounts; including managing the campaign from scope of work to final case study
- Participating in new business activities
- Serving as a brand ambassador, actively working to enhance the agency’s visibility
- Contribute to the company blog
- Community engagement - focus groups, stakeholder communication, meeting coordination, meeting attendance, event evaluation
- Social media strategy - editorial calendar, graphics, and management (facebook, twitter, Instagram, blogs, and more), influencer management, analytics
- Research - media list building, community list, survey development
- Writing - press releases, blogs, memos, bylines, and more
- Project management - tasks lists, vendor management, meeting agendas and coordination
- Media relations - editorial calendar, building media lists, pitching, follow-up, secure clips, relationship building, media reports
- Marketing support - creative direction, storyboard, sales collateral, email marketing
- Graphic/Creative Design - presentations, one-sheets, flyers
- Vendor management- coordinate video, photo, web, graphic, print
- Event planning - attending client events, coordinating event logistics, managing relationships, follow-up
- Culturally sensitive, able to connect and communicate with a diverse cross section of individuals
- 3-5 years experience in public relations, community engagement, or communications role (outside of internships); previous agency experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; work experience can be substituted
- Intermediate (or better) proficiency in Google, Mac and Microsoft products, and social media platforms
- Infectious energy and commitment for our work and our clients
- Coachable with a willingness to remain flexible, agile, and comfortable learning new tools, resources, platforms, software, and processes
- Excellent communications skills, written and orally; ability to communicate messages and deliver presentations to audiences of varying sizes and backgrounds
- Ability to manage multiple clients, assignments and personalities and assign priority
- Ability to manage the overall campaign and supportive tasks with minimal supervision (unprompted management)
- An eye for creativity and an ability to adapt based on brand standards
- Desire to grow with a small, growing company
To apply, submit the below to email@example.com
Cover letter—please share 2 things you would like to be responsible for within our company.
Portfolio/Resume—digital would be great
Social media links
Writing or work samples
Current salary or salary history
Bonus points for creativity