The right person for this position wants to work in an entrepreneurial, disruptive agency environment. This is someone who understands how to take a big idea and can break it down into action steps, and then deliver it, completed, wrapped with a bow. This is for someone who understands efficiency and client happiness are the keys to our bottom line. This is someone who wants to get the work done, without excuse (or clock watching). This is someone who understands that Google is a great tool and resource, well-thought questions are the key to managing expectations and success, and self-starting is the only way to work. This is someone who knows how to be a solutionist. Sound like you? Learn how to apply below!
A little about us.
MEPR Agency is a (11 year old) boutique public relations and community engagement agency based in Nashville, TN, with a specific emphasis on intercultural communications - connecting people and stories. We primarily work with entrepreneurial businesses, non-profits, and government agencies in a variety of industries. Our clients call us because they want to thoughtfully tell their story, need to work through a shift in their internal or external company culture, want to engage with a diverse (or hard to reach) audience, or want to manage their reputation through a current or potential business interruption.
Primary work of this position.
- Serve as the manager of client happiness, and day to day contact for client work
- Community engagement - focus groups, stakeholder communication, meeting coordination, meeting attendance, event evaluation
- Social media strategy - editorial calendar, graphics, and management (facebook, twitter, Instagram, blogs, and more)
- Research - media list building, community list, survey development
- Writing - press releases, blogs, memos, bylines, and more
- Project management - tasks lists, vendor management, meeting agendas and coordination
- Media relations - building media lists, pitching, follow-up, secure clips, relationship building, media reports
- Marketing support - creative direction, storyboard, sales collateral, email marketing
- Graphic/Creative Design - presentations, one-sheets, flyers
- Vendor management- coordinate video, photo, web, graphic, print
- Event planning - attending client events, coordinating event logistics, managing relationships, follow-up
- Participating in new business activities
- Serving as a brand ambassador, actively working to enhance the agency’s visibility
- Culturally sensitive, able to connect and communicate with a diverse cross section of individuals
- 3-5 years experience in public relations, marketing, or communications role (outside of internships)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; work experience can be substituted
- Intermediate (or better) proficiency in Google, Mac and Microsoft products
- Excited to tap into your inner entrepreneur
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of social media
- Previous Agency experience is a bonus!
- Excellent communications skills, written and orally
- Ability to manage multiple assignments (and personalities) and assign priority
- Ability to start and execute tasks with minimal supervision
- Committed to client happiness
- An eye for creativity
- Polished and professional
- Ability to deliver presentations to audiences of varying sizes and backgrounds
- Desire to grow with a small, growing company
- Bonus if proficient in graphic design, photography, or videography
To apply, submit the below to email@example.com
Cover letter—please share 2 things you would like to be responsible for within our company.
Portfolio/Resume—digital would be great
Social media links
Writing or work samples
Current salary or salary history
Bonus points for creativity