Assistant to the Agency Director
We are seeking a sharp, energetic and dependable Assistant to the Agency Director. The ideal candidate is a high performer, works well independently, and is a creative problem solver with a positive attitude.
- Conserve Agency Director’s time, allowing her to focus on growing the business, increasing revenue and developing other initiatives.
- Serve as a liaison between Agency Director and the team, including contractors and vendors.
- Use experience and knowledge of company and executive priorities to make decisions on daily activities, included but not limited to: schedule and attend key meetings; take notes and manage task lists; book, schedule, and confirm; and develop comprehensive reports, memos, and proposals.
- Organize, prioritize and expedite flow of work. Initiate follow-up actions, interpret and communicate executive’s instructions to other personnel, and perform administrative support duties.
- Provide marketing support to the Agency Director.
- Ensure an efficient and productive environment for executive. Anticipate the needs and proactively address and solve potential issues.
- Act as gatekeeper for the Agency Director to determine importance of calls, meetings, and incoming mail. Adjust schedules, meetings and activities based on daily priorities and activities which may change frequently. Anticipate potential conflicts in priorities and solve them appropriately.
- Help detect blind spots, stay apprised of industry and market news.
- Research and compile data and information from a variety of sources. May analyze and summarize data to provide executive with relevant information and/or recommendations for management decision-making.
- Manage Agency Director’s speaking and consulting calendar, seek and coordinate opportunities, coordinate or design creative documents, presentations, or marketing collateral.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or comparable work experience
- 2 - 4 years’ experience in an administrative or communications role is preferred
- Must be punctual and have excellent time-management skills
- Culturally adept with the ability to connect and communicate with a diverse cross section of individuals
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective written and verbal communication
- Must be able to work within deadlines and execute in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects at the same time and be flexible and adaptable to accommodate last minute changes.
- Superior organizational skills
- Should feel comfortable working for an entrepreneur
- Creative with an intermediate or better use of Canva, social media, smart phone photography and video
- Polished and professional in appearance and presentation
- Constantly curious and self-motivation for learning
- Must be able to self-initiate and self-regulate when working independently
- Must have the ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Strong ability as a solutionist/problem solver
- Stay one step ahead of CEO by anticipating her needs and by taking a proactive approach to problem solving and independent thinking
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Must have experience using Apple / Mac products.
- Extremely strong writing skills. Ability to write letters, presentations, and other written communications.