Community Engagement Coordinator
The right person for this position is constantly curious about how to lead us to being a stronger community. That means asking thoughtful questions, ensuring the lens of our work and the work of our clients is always inclusive in language and implementation, and constantly seeking opportunities to build strong relationships with all types of people no matter their background, experience, socioeconomic status, age, race, ability, orientation, or denomination.
This is a full-time position.
Sound like you? Learn how to apply below!
A little about us.
MEPR Agency is a (11 year old) boutique public relations and community engagement agency based in Nashville, TN, with a specific emphasis on intercultural communications - connecting people and stories. We primarily work with entrepreneurial businesses, non-profits, and government agencies in a variety of industries. Our clients call us because they want to thoughtfully tell their story, need to work through a shift in their internal or external company culture, want to engage with a diverse (or hard to reach) audience, or want to manage their reputation through a current or potential business interruption.
Primary work of this position.
- Ideate and coordinate community engagement initiatives curated to client-specific needs
- Develop workshop curriculum and policy language surrounding diversity and inclusion, crisis communications, and more
- Ensure timely stakeholder communication, including follow-up and weekly client report, including photo, video, and anecdotal / field notes
- Collaborate with other team members to promote activities and initiatives to target audiences using appropriate channels
- Conduct community engagement focus groups, stakeholder communication, meeting coordination, meeting attendance, and event planning and evaluation
- Create trust-building processes that go beyond traditional outreach to connect with the heart of a community
- Seek new opportunities to engage less vocal stakeholders and ensure an inclusive process
- Address questions and concerns from the general public regarding ongoing and previous client work and city-wide initiatives
- Collect and analyze data on community needs and interests
- Collaborate with community leaders to educate the public and other stakeholders regarding high-priority issues
- Author blogs, workbooks and other products that continue our role as a thought leader, and serve to amplify best practices
- Participate in new business activities
- Serve as a brand ambassador, actively working to enhance the agency’s visibility
- Culturally sensitive, able to connect and communicate with a diverse cross section of individuals
- Agile in sticky situations, particularly in managing communications and engagement with opposing groups or organizations.
- Ability to build relationships and become well-connected with groups and organizations that typically do not have a seat at the table.
- Professional, able to effectively convey the scope of work we do to potential participants
- Relatable, understanding that connecting with our audiences includes physical and non-physical attributes
- Flexible and organized, able to coordinate and manage multiple events or initiatives
- 1-3 years experience in community development, communications role or another relevant role.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; work experience can be substituted
- Intermediate (or better) proficiency in Google, Mac computer and Microsoft products
- Excited to tap into your inner entrepreneur
- Intermediate knowledge of social media
- Excellent communications skills, written and orally
- Ability to manage multiple assignments (and personalities) and assign priority
- Ability to start and execute tasks with minimal supervision
- Committed to client happiness
- An eye for creativity
- Polished and professional
- Ability to deliver presentations to audiences of varying sizes and backgrounds
- Desire to grow with a small, growing entrepreneurial communications agency
This position includes nights and weekends, as necessary.
To apply, submit the below to email@example.com
Cover letter—please share 2 things you would like to be responsible for within our company.
Portfolio/Resume—digital would be great
Current or desired salary or salary history
Bonus points for creativity