connecting with the community
community driven affordable housing development goes beyond box checking
*ribbon cutting photos: Roland's Photography
Urban Housing Solutions
Engage a highly gentrified community in a community driven affordable housing re-zoning and phase one opening.
Our work was heavily centered around message development; coalition building (including strategic meetings with major community stakeholders, facilitating community meetings and focus groups); and planning a ribbon cutting. This community driven development is a multi-phase, art inspired property aimed to bring together artists and art enthusiasts-including established and new residents in North Nashville, a previously predominately African American community.
For six months we spent a great deal of time meeting one-on-one and in groups with local politicians, faith leaders, artists, and the North Nashville community to introduce the property, identify gaps in messaging, begin the plans for an art advisory group, and ultimately navigate a zone change.
- Continued coordination of artist advisory group
- Facilitated two community meetings
- Conducted several pertinent neighborhood leadership meetings including council members, faith and political leaders
- Successful re-zoning of phase two with community consensus about the zoning parameters
- Event management and photography services for the Phase One grand opening including:
- partner engagement
- media relations
- coordination of the Mayor's office
- Social media management
View More Case Studies.