Video and Photography Apprentice
We are looking for someone who is strong, smart, savvy, extra mile-oriented and a self-starter. We are also looking for someone who thinks independently and is not afraid to try something new, with a positive attitude. We want someone who is constantly learning.
MEPR Agency is seeking a creative Video and Photography Apprentice for this paid position. The apprentice will capture footage/images as well as edit and produce high quality content. This role will support the work of MEPR’s Creative team while maintaining MEPR’s high quality standard and brand accuracy. This position will capture creative content as well as deliver professional edits to ensure timely turnaround.
One day you may be in the office capturing footage of our creative process and the next day you may be working on client campaign or with the creative team coming up with a new design or treatment for a video. You’ll enjoy a creative atmosphere where you can be a part of conceptualizing and strategy for marketing and communication campaigns.
The commitment required for this apprenticeship is an average of 15-20 hours per week for up to 6 months.
· Assist/lead selected projects through all phases of production including creative development, pre-production, production/shooting, post-production, finishing/delivery.
· Stage photos and videos to be used on online content and client case studies.
· Develop a series of content to support digital products.
· Serve as the in-house branded content developer, supporting how MEPR thinks, conceives, produces and assesses content.
· Work with the team to assure consistent and timely delivery of client and digital content as required by the production schedule.
· Effectively communicate ongoing project status to production team and project managers.
· Suggest ways to improve, modify or evolve our creative capacity in relation to photography and videography.
· Develop storyboards for videos with Graphic Designer + Production Assistant.
· Work with Graphic Designer + Production Assistant to produce creative videos and content for social media platforms.
· Create content that is culturally sensitive.
· Apprentice reports to Graphic Designer and Agency Director
· Collaborate with creative team on different levels, lending a fresh, new and modern perspective
Be enrolled in an accredited college program (Junior or Senior) or recently graduated from an accredited college program
Must own or have regular access to camera/video camera
Ability to work in a professional office environment
Must be sensitive to a variety of community's and cultures
Excited to tap into your inner entrepreneur
Willingness to learn, absorb, accept feedback and self-correct
Excellent verbal, written and nonverbal communication skills
Excellent note-taker and ability to quickly retain information
Strong research skills
Intermediate (or better) proficiency in Google, Mac (you must know how to use a Mac) and Microsoft products
Proficient in Camera operation for capturing photo and video
Proficient in final cut pro, adobe premiere pro or equivalent industry standard software editing tools
A desire to learn about video and photo production through a marketing/business lens
Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
To apply, submit the below to firstname.lastname@example.org
Portfolio/Resume—digital would be great
Social media links
Writing or work samples
Bonus points for creativity
You are right for an apprenticeship with us if…
you have a creative eye and passion for storytelling with your camera.
you can complete projects in a timely fashion.
you can take direction and also provide it.
you own and can efficiently operate your own equipment.
you are currently enrolled or recently graduated from college and are seeking an apprenticeship.
One on One Mentorship from Agency Director
Opportunity to collaborate and produce real work for clients
Opportunity to expand personal portfolio
College Credit (will take place of payment, if required by apprentices’ college)
Opportunity to work while learning
Chance to gain entrepreneurial experience
Gain marketing experience
Chance to gain Agency experience
Possible job offer upon completion of the apprenticeship
Unlimited Tea (and coffee)
Who We Are
MEPR Agency is an industry leading public relations and community engagement boutique. On each campaign, our team of experienced members under stands our role is to think about intercultural and inclusive communications, hyper-local storytelling, and true connection with people-beyond press releases and social media updates. We work with businesses, non-profits, and government agencies to help them connect with their audience no matter the ability, age, ethnicity, gender, orientation, or denomination.
At MEPR, we foster a culture of mentorship and collaboration. We provide our apprentices valuable work experience in the PR industry.
Your experience here will be one that contributes value to you as a person and will prove to be a great investment in your professional experience.